This notice describes how Roxyroodle Ltd, (referred to as “The Old Sun Haworth”) processes your personal data, as a controller. Our address is The Old Sun Hotel 79 West Lane Haworth BD22 8EL, United Kingdom.Please see “How do I get in touch with you” below for contact details for specific matters.
You have the right to object to some of the processing which Old Sun Hotel carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the section headed “Your rights” below.
This notice applies to:
- Callers; and
- Other customers.
And anyone contacting, visiting or using our:
- Reservation Centre;
- Guest Relations Team; and
- Hotels and other premises.
Summary of the purposes for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so:
- We process personal data to make, amend and administer room bookings, provide hotel services, process and store payment details and provide other products and services (such as meals and car parking). We also deal with enquires, gather customer feedback, undertake market research and direct marketing (including analysis to create profiles), in our legitimate interests to promote our business and improve our service and delivery.
- When booking with us, we don’t ask for accessibility, dietary, health or other sensitive personal data. If you (or someone on your behalf) do provide such information to us, please be aware we may need to ask for your explicit consent.In some cases, it may be permissible for us to have such data as it is in your vital interests that we do so.
- On our websites we use third party marketing and analytical cookies plus similar technologies are included in our marketing emails, as explained in our Cookie Notice. You can reject and block cookies in your browser settings.
- When you post on social media about our business, we may use your contact details to respond to any complaints or comments, on the legal basis of our legitimate interests.
- In our legitimate interests, we also seek to prevent and detect crime as well as protect our business and premises.
- In order to fulfil the above purposes:
- we disclose your personal data to payment providers, technology providers, insurers, and other specialist professional and technical service providers and advisers, to manage your bookings, arrange payments, and provide services.
- we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (the EU Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) and, where we do this, we will use safeguards to protect your data.
- We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services, where required by law, to respond to a question or complaint, to obey rules about keeping records, to uphold or protect contractual or legal rights or where it is in your or another party’s vital interests or our legitimate interests. Where we process personal data on the basis of your consent, we will retain it for as long as required for the specified purpose. We also keep your data in line with any statutory limitation periods and for tax, legal or regulatory purposes.
- Any consent(s) you give us may be withdrawn at any time.
- You have an absolute right to object to direct marketing (and any profiling for the purposes of direct marketing) at any time.
- You also have the qualified right to:
- request access, rectify, and erase your personal dataobject to processing for any purpose where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis;
- restrict processing; and
- supply or transfer your personal data in a portable format.
Where you exercise any of your rights, we will process your personal data to comply with your request in accordance with our legal obligations.
- Where we use automated decision-making, you have the right to human intervention, to add a statement, and to have the decision reviewed.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of the EU Member State in which you are resident, work or in which your complaint arises. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner. Details of all EU supervisory authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
We may provide additional information during the booking and check-in process and at other points at which we collect your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please visit our Contact us page